14 April 2007

Wiki is the common good

For the time being I am an active user of the Ukrainian section of the Wikipedia (wikimedia) project. I am trying to extend the current level of description for topics like "Design Patterns", "Programming languages", "Intellectual Property" etc. I do that not merely to "do such a good thing for community" but because this way I am bringing up my own level of knowledge of such things. It's kind of learning form. I write something means I memorize something, something useful for me. Why not?
As yet I like that. It does cost the time, but... I like it :-)

As I am learning Esperanto, I plan to start to contribute to the corresponding part of wiki, just to drill the language skills (to the point, this blog is kinda language driller in English for me).

No comments: